Thursday 31 October 2013

Four-Minute Facelift

I wrote my four minute opera, The Sands of Time, (with writer Simon Rees), twenty years ago for a one-off performance. It had to be composed very quickly and I didn’t produce the neatest score in the world.



Twenty years on it’s still getting performances every year and each time I feel a bit more embarrassed about the old score. At the end of November, Intimate Opera of Indianapolis are giving four performances, so I asked Michael McCartney to produce a newly engraved score.



Michael is a highly skilled music editor and has produced a beautifully laid out and proportioned score so that the performers will have better materials to work with.

For details of Intimate Opera's forthcoming production, see http://www.intimateopera.org/IntimateOpera/Performances.html


2 comments:

  1. The new score looks very beautiful, and I am sure it will enhance the player's experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - Mike edits and prepares scores for some of UK's top composers, so I know I'm in good hands

    ReplyDelete