Monday 17 March 2014

Windows

I’ve been looking through recent photos and see I've developed an interest in windows. I like the way in which they provide a frame for a picture, such as this one below taken on a misty day at Chepstow Castle.


I also like the way that they can become gleaming objects in a dark space. Here’s one taken just before sunrise Patrishow Church in the Black Mountains.


By comparison here is one taken at sunset last weekend in the tiny little Shropshire church of Melverley – a wonderful fifteenth century timber-framed church next to the River Vyrnwy.


Here’s another taken at the Church of St Cross in Winchester where looking out from the cloister.


This comes from  the most remote chapel in Wales, Soar-y-mynydd, on the road from Tregaron to Llyn Brianne.


I’m not quite sure how they all add up at the moment, but think that something will come out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment