Wednesday 17 September 2014

Music at Partrishow

I've been at Partrishow Church in the Black Mountains today for rehearsals for a performance there on Saturday morning (20th September) ... at 7.30am.




The event is a pilot performance as part of the work I am doing on my Arts Council of Wales “Creative Wales” Award and about 35 minutes of music played by four instrumentalists: Catherine Handley (flute), Christiana Mavron (violin), Michael McCartney (guitar) and Ashley Long (bass). The performance uses many of the different spaces around the church. Here is Christiana Mavron playing her solo movement - in the porch to the building ... 




... and Michael and Catherine performing their duo at the west end of the church under the bells.



Here is the whole group in front of the extraordinary 15th century rood screen ...



... and viewed through the rood screen.



If you would like to come along, do drop me a line by going to the contact page on my website or to my usual email address. 


No comments:

Post a Comment